Street Library has Deductible Gift Receipient Status (DGR), which will mean that any donations to us will become tax deductible.
These funds are to be ring fenced in a separate account and overseen by a specifically qualified management committee.
The mission and purpose of these funds will be to pursue the following charitable purposes:
- to promote the importance and joys of literary arts;
- to foster creativity, curiosity and to grow communities of readers;
- to raise the profile of and access to literature within communities;
- to enhance literacy within communities;
- to champion community and cultural engagement by providing a platform for dynamic, social and cultural interaction within communities;
through the promotion and access to literature by the free sharing of books within community based Street Libraries.