If you’re feeling handy, Street Library can run a workshop for you and your friends (maximum 15 people, 10 libraries built)
To keep things simple, we’ll run the workshop on a Sunday from 12-5 in Redfern, unless its Christmas time.
- All materials to build ‘The Shed‘, including high quality plywood, fixings, windows,doors and hinges for your library
- A registered library plaque for each library (worth $25)
- Guidance and help from our volunteer workshop manager
- All tools and hardware needed to finish your libraries
This workshop is suitable for:
- Any level of woodwork skill (we’ll teach you a few things)
- Kids over 12
- Groups of any kind (clubs, community groups, friends, hens nights – no drinking!)
We’ve run many of these events, and have great expertise in teaching people how to build Street Libraries.
At the end of the workshop, you’ll walk away with:
- Your very own hand built Street Library “Shed” – saving you over $100 by building it yourself
- Some new woodworking skills, including some advice on how to mount it to your property
- Ideas on how to promote your Street Library
- Some new Street Librarian friends!
- Material for 10 libraries will be provided
- Addition helpers will incur a small fee (10 builders – $20 per non builder)
- We will work with you to set the date for the workshop (must be a Sunday from 12-5)
- Location must be Redfern, NSW.