Please note, this is a prototype version of the Flat Top.
The Prototype is:
- made out of construction ply, not marine ply. It wont make a difference if you paint it well
- painted with an undercoat (power blue) which means one less coat of paint for you
- slightly less well finished than the Flat Top
- an ideal library for someone on a budget
Otherwise, the design is the same
The Flat top is our flagship, designed to propagate the Street Library movement as quickly and efficiently as possible. It is a complete package, whereby all you need to do is add your personal touch and place it in your community.
- Constructed from solid weather resistant ply
- Fitted with a hinged door and latch to keep it closed
- Voluminous interior to fit a maximum variety of books
- 2 shelves – one for paperbacks, and a larger one for bigger books
Your purchase supports our mission to re-connect communities through literacy across Australia. Included with your library is a numbered sticker that communicates the function of your Street Library in a bright and colourful way, you can stick this on once you have painted and mounted your library. Also included is a guide to promoting your library with some tips and tricks for ensuring it is a success.
Finishing your library.
The library is not yet weatherproof and must be protected with at least two coats of paint or varnish to ensure it lives a long and generous life.
(Models shown may be painted – your library is NOT painted!)
We recommend securely fixing your library to your property ensure it does not topple and to hinder would be thieves and advantageous mischiefs.
This 9KG package is 60cm high x 46cm wide x 41cm deep in size and arrives at your door in 1 – 2 weeks.