Run your own Street Library Workshop in your community, for folks of any skill level.
Here are some ideas of the groups it might suit:
- Cub or scout groups
- Active retirees volunteering on local community projects
- Parent and child community organisations
- Bored teenagers
- Mentoring programs for disadvantaged kids
- Team building sessions for any organisation.
- Anyone who can organise people and who loves a good DIY project.
Running a workshop is easy. You just need:
- a bit of space to work in
- a few tools.
- some people to build
- about 4-6 hours, depending on number of people their skill levels
We’ll send you (nearly anywhere in Australia):
- 10 Street Library Kits, ready to go. They come in an Indoor and Outdoor version. Find out more about the differences between construction and marine ply here
- Detailed instructions on how to run the workshop (we’ve done this before…!)
- Detailed lists of things you’ll need (hint: not much – you’ve probably got them in the shed)
- Instructions on what to do next
At the end of the workshop participants will walk away with:
- A hand built Street Library “Shed” (10 in the pack)
- Some new woodworking skills, including some advice on how to mount it to your property
- Ideas on how to promote your Street Library
- Some new Street Librarian friends!
So – what’s stopping you getting 9 friends and starting a Street Library Workshop?
For more information: