Schools around Australia celebrate Book Week this year from 17th – 23rd October, with displays, author talks, and a variety of activities around the theme of “Curious Creatures Wild Minds”.
Visit the Children’s Book Council of Australia to find amazing resources and create excitement with your Street Library.
Some of Children Book Council of Australia’s partners have also created resources to help you celebrate CBCA Book Week:.
- Book Curator magazine and membership service publishes a comprehensive guide to the CBCA Book of the Year Awards Notables list. Order your copy from their website.
- Perform! Education produces award-winning educational musicals for schools. Visit their website for information about their 2020 CBCA Book Week production titled The Greatest Discovery and to book a virtual or live incursion.
- PETAA produces teaching resources for the CBCA Shortlisted books. Become a member to access teaching guides for CBCA Shortlisted books from current and previous years.
- Spotlight has colourful and creative ideas (plus all the art and craft materials) for your CBCA Book Week character costume as well as some wonderful DIY projects inspired by the CBCA Shortlisted books.
- Zart publishes a CBCA Book Week handbook which can be purchased via their online store. They also run onsite and online Book Week workshops celebrating the important relationship between illustrations and text with activities for the CBCA Shortlisted Early Childhood and Picture Books. Zart’s workshops can been booked via their website.