Built from street bounty and recycled materials from the Bower, come swap books and DVDs and be inspired to build your own!
My library is built from 95% recycled materials:
– an old bedside table
– a shelf from and old kitchen cupboard complete with lovely old floral wallpaper someone stuck on it
-tin found on the street
– painted with half full paint tins bought from the Bower
– A picture frame found on the street
– handle salvaged from an old cupboard
– deadstock vintage wallpaper.
The only new items were the lock mechanisms to keep it shut and some plastic tubing purchased to make the tin edges safe.
It’s also mounted with no damage to the fence (cable ties and support poles in the garden) to show that even renters can have street libraries! I plan to repair as needed, and if I ever have to move the library can come with me.