Design the Future Competition
We are inviting student designers from across NSW to help us with a new Street Library design.
THE COMPETITION WILL BE RUN IN TWO STAGES; STAGE 1 TO IDENTIFY UP TO FIVE SHORT LISTED DESIGNS AND STAGE 2 TO SELECT A FINAL WINNER.
YOUR DESIGN WILL NEED TO BE:
- a material efficient kit of parts that can be flatpacked (less than 15kg)
- easy for anyone to build
- weather proof
- Dimensions: It’s gotta fit about 20 books minimum, and be able to be put outside someone’s house.
- Usage and Purpose: Outdoors, must be a sealed, dry container for books. Books must be visible from the outside of the container.
- Materials: Must last at least 3 years and be weatherproof.
- Cost: Kit must cost below $60, including parts. (Batches of 20)
- Assembly time: A complete novice should be able to assemble the kit in less than 3 hours. An experienced person should be able to assemble the kit in less than 1 hour
- Post assembly: The user will paint the box themselves, either with a wood stain or a colour. The user will contribute their own ‘flair’ to the box, whether it be through painting, stencilling, signage on the box or handles.
- Packaging:The kit must be able to be neatly flat packed.
- 11 November 2016 Stage 1 submissions due: Concept design
- submitted as a PDF (preferably through Sketch Up) – max 3 x A3 pages
- $500 cash prize sponsored by GoGet and Place Score
- Your design built and featured for sale on our website
- National media release, naming rights and more!
- Present their design at a Sydney Build a Street Library workshop (travel not included)
- Listed on the ‘Free Stuff’ page on our website as a free downloadable design
- Naming rights for the design National media release featuring you and your design
- Note: the design will be open sourced on the SketchUp 3D Warehouse