We’re so committed to getting Street Libraries into Australian communities, we’ve created our own grant program for Local Councils.
To access this grant program, you must be an authorised person at a Local Government Council.
The details of the grant are as follows:
- We provide 10 Street Libraries (5 Sheds, 3 Flat Tops and 2 Catalogue models, value $3,469 including shipping)
- We find 10 hosts in your local government area willing to host the libraries. If you have organisations or people you already know, tell us and we’ll do the follow up.
- We’ll setup a web page for your council, promoting the concept and inviting local residents to become hosts. Like this one
- We ship the libraries to the host, and encourage them to paint, promote and be proud of their libraries!
- We report to you when the libraries are live and registered, and available for promotion.
Why should you do this?
- We run an excellent value for money program (find out how much your local council spends on your library here (NSW only))
- We cover all of Australia (see a map of our libraries here)
- We are an excellent complement to your local council funded professional Library service
What you have to do:
- Nothing – besides fund the grant.
What we have to do
- Local councils in Australia
- State government departments in Australia with a geographic region
For more information:
- Phone Nic Lowe – 0416 372 713 – Council staff inquiries only (no general public)
- Download our FREE Faq for Councils document – we’ll need your details.
The City of Parramatta Council is proud to offer residents the opportunity to take part in the growing STREET LIBRARY program. We value the opportunity to partner with Street Library to grow the number of libraries in the community. Our residents have responded very positively to the program and are already getting good use. We look forward to more libraries opening up and encourage residents to find their nearest library, grab a book, and take a seat under the nearest tree. – Lisa Kollaras (Environmental Educational Officer) from City of Parramatta